WELCOME TO UTSUKUSHII YO!! :)

Thursday 28 June 2007

夜王 (やおう) / Yaoh

夜王 (やおう) / Yaoh
[official site] [wiki] [d/l torrents] [softsubs]

I've problem accepting the ideals in Yaoh because it's just BIG PLAIN LIE. Nevertheless I still find the drama pretty interesting. In fact, I did an ep1-10 marathon for this. Yet waiting for ep 11's subtitle though.

The premise is all about host life. And it's depicting this dark world with two conflicting eyes, an eye for the usual negative perception, and another for a positive one, which was put to Ryosuke's shoulder to prove it. There's no way I'll approve of the positive ideal. Call me discriminating and all, but I hold the same initial perception of Karina's character that HOST IS HOST. They're the worst, playing and lying with woman's heart. However in this drama, Ryosuke is a character which is being appealed as a righteous host, who'll strive to make women's happy. How cheesy that is? In this drama, it looks at another side of being a host that the job is actually a 'supposedly' good job -- to give woman a chance to dream and make them happy. Although I'm not buying into this, and I believe that is also the case for many women's out there, I still follow the drama because it kept me wanting for the next episode.. for what reason I'm not sure. It's not a really GREAT drama but it's not BAD either. At least we can try looking how they made Hosts' job a dignified job? lol..


p/s:Kaname Jun = <3 eyebrow="double">