WELCOME TO UTSUKUSHII YO!! :)

Monday 14 May 2007

わたしたちの教科書 / Watashitachi No Kyokasho / Our Textbook -- ep1-4


わたしたちの教科書 / Watashitachi No Kyokasho / Our Textbook

Kanno Miho stars as a lawyer, Tamako, who investigates the truth and the dark side of the school where various ulterior motives swirl when one of its junior high school student falls to death. Tanihara Shosuke also plays a lawyer who is Tamako's lover, while Ito Atsushi plays a teacher.
--wiki d-addicts



I've been waiting for a series like this for quite a time. One that give me the feel like M No Higeki, There's Someone Watching, Tobousha. The feeling of curiousity and mystery. I never like Atsushi Itoh, especially after Densha Otoko made it big, because I don't like the series. But then I like him in this drama. And Kanno Miho is simply a beautiful lawyer.

I've watched until ep 4, and it's so far so good. When I thought it's going to bring the tension down and progress slowly I was given a surprise. I can't really tell what happen next and this is all good :) (spoiler alert: highlight to read) The first episode was great especially with Mirai Shida's performance. She improved a lot and I can see her as successful actress in the making. The grieves surrounding her made you symphatize and her death lead the way to where the series is progressing, also revealing the sad situation of today's educational system,the state of bullying, the hidden identity of teachers, etc. I thought the episode where Tamako went to see her ex-husband-- the father of the dead student-- to be the plaintiff, won't be that good. It's otherwise when it's revealed that the guy who's been abandoning her and the children is actually suffering for an illness. Now I can't wait to see what happen in episode 5, when the firm Tamako is in will be against her!
Give it a watch guys!