WELCOME TO UTSUKUSHII YO!! :)

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Ryusei no Kizuna / 流星の絆 - Completed

Ryusei no Kizuna / 流星の絆

  • Format: Renzoku
  • Genre: Suspense, bonds, comedy


This will be just a general review.

I don't know whether to say I'm liking this or not. I've always been a fan of thriller but this drama is just different. I've stated in my previous post that the mixture of suspense with comedy in this drama just didn't really work for me.

While the comedic element is prevalent in the earlier episodes, it was getting lesser as the stroy progress, which to me is a good thing. I believe the earlier comedic scenes are somehow forced and the different sub-plot becomes an unnecessary lenghty attempt to build into the development to the motive of avenging the parents' death. It can be shorten down and yet serve the purpose.

I watched this with quite an expectation. besides, the synopsis led me into believing that this is a serious, mystery drama. I should check the genre first. *sigh* It's not nice you know when you put expectation but it's not being surpassed. At least on the line is ol

I don't feel like talking much about the storyline. The ending was a bit unpredictable until the very latest episodes, but the killing motive is not something 'shiny' to add into the drama resume. And I'm quite sure I've somehow seen that killing+motive scenes in another series I can't remember. But the feeling of the scene is exactly the same.

Nutshell; I don't really enjoy it much though it's decent.