WELCOME TO UTSUKUSHII YO!! :)

Wednesday 20 May 2009

Ryusei no Kizuna / 流星の絆 . 3 eps viewing - impression

Ryusei no Kizuna / 流星の絆
Based on the popular novel of the same name, Ryusei no Kizuna tells the story of three orphans, whose parents were murdered long ago. Together, the three vowed on a shooting star to one day avenge their parents. After many years, the two brothers have found the murderers, and are set to carry out their plan for vengeance when they realize they've made a serious miscalculation; you see, their sister...

-- jdorama.com

So I started on this drama in the middle of waiting for the new episodes of Atashinchin no
Danshi which so far has been an interesting watch to me. My opinion here on Ryusei no Kizuna will be based on the three episodes I've seen so far.

From the synopsis above, you'd think that it is a dark mystery thriller. I've always been a fan of dark thriller so I was expecting to enjoy this especially after looking at its decent viewership rating. I'm expecting a thriller where I'd be kept glued on seat, adrenaline pumping scenes, guess-who's-the-criminal game, and all that trademark hanging ending of each episodes of a thriller;

but boy was I proven wrong.


While stress has been put on the murder of the parents, many other plots are sewn in together and funny thing is; that there are comedic scenes! Kudo Kankuro style has always been eccentric. Here, I personally feel that having the somewhate revenge-ridden 'basic' plot is not fitted to be executed right alongside comedic/funny scenes as how've been executed in this drama. Some scenes I believe is best left out. The moods are just being mixmashed together to form I don't know... an unlikely dish of dark yet comedic flavoured drama. It might work well to other people, but it doesn't seems so to me.

I'd love it better if it's kept a strict thriller with serious undertone substracting the random funny subplot which sometimes I found a bit distracting.

But still, I am going to continue watching as I'd love to know who killed the parents, the motives. And maybe 3 episodes are just to early to make an overall judgment.

Whatever it is, I like Nishikido Ryo. XD haha. k. cut that.

Whatever it is, we'll see how the rest of the episodes fare.