WELCOME TO UTSUKUSHII YO!! :)

Thursday 21 May 2009

Love Shuffle / ラブシャッフル - impression up to ep 7.

Love Shuffle / ラブシャッフル


  • Format: Renzoku
  • Genre: Romance, Comedy
Usami Kei is a salaryman who has risen in status due to his engagement with Mei, the wealthy daughter of his company's president. Shortly after she breaks off the engagement, a power failure leaves him stuck in the elevator of his apartment building. Trapped with him are three others living on the same floor - Airu, a trilingual interpreter, Ojiro, a model photographer, and Masato, a psychiatrist. While waiting, their conversation hits upon their love lives and the question of whether there is truly only one fated partner for everyone. As a result, they decide to try "shuffling" their relationships with each other.

-- Tokyograph


I'm currently watching love shuffle which to me the basic plot of changing partner every week is quite hard to digest. Maybe I'm conservative at that. So far I'm already on episode 7. It potrayed many love ideals, the relationship between man and woman and though some of the ideals portrayed are quite taboo for my liking and totally opposite to the values I hold, the drama is an interesting watch. There is even some love, jealousy, adultery ideal that made me feel like vomitting, seriously! I personally found it eerie.



Watching a low-quality videos might be detracting the enjoyment of a drama but surprisingly despite the bleached out videos I'm watching though it gave me quite a boring impression has so far made me want to watch more and more of the episodes.

This is not a drama for everyone though. Though there's comedic scense and jokes thrown it, the basic plot is of something deep and serious but portrayed in somehow funny environment as it's embedded right in the drama characters. I don't know if this is comprehensible or not but I see it as injecting 'funny' in the characters not injecting 'funny' in scenes. which so far has work well. The shinigami thingy is eerie though :P, you'll know if you watch, don't want to talk much about it.

I like the acting, I somwhow found the character believable; in the drama set of course since sometimes I wonder is there is such such person living in this world. Well I can't be sure since the world is sure full of diversity. The characteristic in each actors are maintained throughout and doesn't slip off which help to believe the drama.

While this might not be a drama I'd want to watch on repeat, it's a drama of ideals which entice me to think and I really appreciate that. though sometimes it left me with a depressed and mixed feeling.