WELCOME TO UTSUKUSHII YO!! :)

Monday 18 May 2009

アタシんちの男子 / Atashinchi no Danshi

アタシんちの男子 / Atashinchi no Danshi


  • Format: Renzoku
  • Genre: Comedy
Chisato (Horikita Maki) is a 20 years old homeless girl burdened by debt left on her shoulder by her irresponsible father. Until one day she met a strange old man who kind of rescued her from a gang of Yakuza and paid all the debt. To pay back the debt is to be his wife for a month, and to be a monther for his six adopted sons all with different strange personality.

I know I've been on quite a long hiatus. Been watching lots but just don't seem to find times to update and review. I know I've been promising to update this and that, but forgive me for that unfulfilled promise.

I just started on the drama Atashinchi no Danshi, and awesomely it starred quite numbers of actors I like; Kaname Jun, Okada Yoshinori and Mukai Osamu to name a few. Plus few other fresh faces.

For a drama in the genre comedy, it does made me laugh here and there. But at the same time the first two episodes somehow is filled with few quote that teach us about life. Which is what I find special in japanese dramas.


So far, the drama is quite interesting. I won't call it great but it's definitely not a downer for me. It's an average drama with fun-filled moments. The interactions between the brothers are nice to watch. And the strange ideas and toys the old man was inventing though strange I found it creative and fits well with the certain objective of certain episode.

"I tried to blame my misfortune on other people,
And I always thought, "This is not the real me"
Living like that is pretty tiring you know?
Everyday is hard and painful,
I just started hating everything,
I never thought I'd have a future,

Alone, I would have never learn that,

If you take one step forward, the world will change!
.
.
.
... maybe"

-- Chisato from Atashinchi no Danshi